Formed in the 1960’s, Mt. Blue Regional School District (RSU 9) is a sprawling school district in Western Maine that includes ten towns (Chesterville, Farmington, Industry, New Sharon, New Vineyard, Starks, Temple, Vienna, Weld, and Wilton) and spans in parts of three counties, Franklin, Kennebec, and Somerset.
The district is home to five elementary schools located in New Sharon (1), Farmington (2), and Wilton (2); a middle school in Farmington; and a state-of-the-art learning center campus comprising a high school, career and technical education center, and adult education center located in Farmington. The district’s administrative offices are located at the learning campus in Farmington, the seat of Franklin County.
Mt. Blue Regional School District communities value the arts, culture, and education and have a tradition of supporting the public schools. An elected Board of Directors of 16 members governs the school district and the Superintendent serves as the chief operating officer.
Mt. Blue Regional School District has long enjoyed a cooperative relationship to advance teaching and learning with the University of Maine at Farmington.
Total Enrollment -
- Mt. Blue High School (9-12) - 702
- Mt. Blue Middle School (6-8) - 488
- Elementary Schools
- Academy Hill School, Wilton (2-5) - 166
- Cape Cod Hill School, New Sharon (PreK-5) - 163
- Cascade Brook School, Farmington (3-5) - 275
- G.D. Cushing School, Wilton (PreK-1) - 113
- W.G. Mallett School, Farmington (PreK-2) - 318
- Foster Career and Technical Education Center - 117
- Franklin County Adult Basic Education Diploma/HiSet Programs - 15
- Average Academic Enrollment - 120
Teaching Faculty 2019-2020
- Teaching Faculty - 209
- Teachers with Advanced Degrees - 90
Would you like to know more about Mt. Blue Regional School District? We invite you to visit our web pages or contact us at (207) 778-6571 and we will direct you to the appropriate source to provide you with the information you need. Thanks from our staff, students, administration, and school board for your interest and inquiry about our schools.